Thursday, July 4, 2013

Preparations - Luggage Completed

It's a big box, I know.  But it holds everything I need, and it's weather proof.  I painted it black, put LOTS of reflective tape and stickers all over it for visibility, and I'm using two stainless steel latches to hold it onto the rack.  I can remove it in about 30 seconds and leave it in camp if I want to go ride around a bit.   Everyone who sees it asks me if there's a body inside.  I just laugh.  I have already done two short camping trips with it to verify that I can carry all of my needs, and it's worked great.  I've put about 900 miles on the rig fully loaded, up in the North Georgia and North Carolina mountains, and also up in Tennessee.  The bike rides great like this, and I know my gear is safe and dry.


No comments:

Post a Comment