Thursday, July 4, 2013

How it began

This adventure began in January.   After over 33 years with NCR Corporation, I was given the opportunity to take early retirement. Timing wasn't great, but the chance was too good to pass up, and I accepted.  
Right away I knew that after my work was completed, I wanted to do something special, and I knew it would have to be on a bike.  I had just swapped my 2005 V-Strom 650 for a newer 2009 ABS model, and it was the bike I chose for the adventure.  This bike is rock solid, totally reliable and gets over 50 MPG.  I soon put my other bike, a 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400 up for sale, since I really can't afford to keep two bikes on my pension.  
Here's the bike I'm riding, before I put on the bigger luggage for the longer trip....


No comments:

Post a Comment